Today, I am pleased to introduce Forge Leadership Network to the world. God has led many to participate in the mission and vision of Forge Leadership Network, and we are extremely grateful for their partnership. At the end of this letter, I’ll introduce ways that you, too, can partner with Forge. We will all be proud of the work of Forge in the weeks and months ahead.
Before I tell you about what to expect in the upcoming months, let me bring you up to speed on where we have been. Over the past eight weeks, Forge has been built from the ground up. We have raised up an incredible team, recruited and selected a phenomenal Board of Advisors, built and designed our website, established our presence on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, and developed our year-round mentoring program and yearly schedule of events.
Additionally, we have established and refined our Forge Leadership Summit that will take place July 14-18, 2015.
We have secured an excellent host partner – Ohio Christian University in Circleville, OH (only 35 minutes away from the State Capitol in Columbus) and we’re grateful for their hospitality and enthusiasm. We are also honored that State Representative Paul Zeltwanger will serve as our Legislative Sponsor at the Statehouse. The Forge Leadership Summit will train students up in timeless principles, public policy, the legislative process, and practical skills. It will serve as the launchpad for our year-round mentoring program. We are looking forward to unveiling an exciting List of Speakers and more Partner Organizations in weeks ahead, but here is part of the plan that we would like to share with you today.
What Students Can Look Forward To at the 2015 Forge Leadership Summit:
- Alliance Defending Freedom’s signature media training interactive workshop will provide students with the knowledge and practical experience to develop, focus, and present a message while effectively responding to questions in a challenging environment.
- Forge’s Leadership Team is planning dynamic and interactive team building activities to help students develop relationships with team members as well as cultivate their networking abilities.
- Ohio legislators and experienced educators will lead students through a two-day legislative simulation where they will be mentored through the hands-on process of developing, writing, and debating a bill.
- Experienced legislators, policy experts, and cultural leaders will share their insights on Limited Government, Economics, Ethics of Life, and Religious Liberties to challenge and motivate students to translate their beliefs into action.
- Sharing from their vast experience, successful leaders in the marketplace will provide advice and wisdom to assist students in pursuing future plans.
Students ages 16-24 throughout Ohio and the Midwest are now able and encouraged to apply online for this summer’s Summit. Click here to register for an account with ForgeLeadership.org. This will give you access to the Summit Application and your student portal.
You can join the mission of Forge!
If you’re older than 24, don’t worry! You, too, have exciting ways to participate in Forge’s mission and vision to raise up a generation of young leaders known for their integrity, character, and ability to effectively communicate their beliefs and values to our world.
Connect With Us On Social Media:
Forge’s social media sites are LIVE. Please “Like” us on Facebook, “Follow” us on Twitter and Instagram, and spread the word about Forge Leadership Network on these outlets by sharing links and posts with your friends. Following us on these sites will keep you up-to-date on new developments and activity happening daily with Forge Leadership Network. Forge will be doing a variety of media interviews over the next weeks, and these interviews will be uploaded and will promoted through social media.
Sign Up for Our Monthly Newsletter
In the bottom right hand portion of this, or any page, you can sign up for e-mail updates from Forge. This is a great way to see our progress and hear about exciting developments.
Become a Financial Partner
As a nonprofit organization, Forge Leadership Network and our work is made possible by donations from individuals like you who believe in our mission. If you share our vision and want to support it, please prayerfully consider a gift to Forge.
Executive Director – Forge Leadership Network
–Stay tuned to this News Feed for regular updates from Forge Leadership Network. To sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, please click here—.